Friday, January 15, 2016

As America Prepares to Choose a New President, The Author Ventures Out on His Limb

BALTIMORE, Maryland January 15, 2016 - Now it is decision time.  All of the posturing is stamped "completed."  All of the campaigning is marked "completed."  All of the Ads have been purchased. Everything pre-election, in fact, is marked "completed."  All that is left is the decision of the voters, the trip to the polls and the pulling of the levers.  When those final steps are "completed." the nation will have a new President.  In the debate, last night, some new revelations about the candidates came to light.  Only the voters can decide whether these late revelations are decisive.  
_______________________________________________
Opinion
and
Analysis
________________________________________________
I am only one voter.  I cast but one vote.  I have an opinion about who I believe should win.  I have reasons why I am going to vote for that person.  Here are those reasons along with my personal choice.  You know, if you read Credible and Incisive with any kind of regularity that I started out being for Dr. Ben Carson.  I love everything about this man, most of which the average American does not know.  He is decent and noble to the core.  He cares deeply about our country.  He gave his entire adult life to improve the lives of people he did not know and who could not enrich him.  When he leaves this Earth, the world will be dramatically better for his having been here.  The way he was treated by the far left brilliantly illustrates everything that is corrupt and evil about them.  During the period of time that opinion polls showed a profound spike in support for Dr. Carson, the Left jumped on him with their teeth bared.  They did everything they could to rip him apart.  It was filthy and corrupt and exceedingly evil, and it didn't work.  Dr. Carson is illustrative of the age-old maxim that some people are so innately good, so good inside and out, that they are impervious to being slimed.  

Sadly, while Dr. Carson is indeed that good of a person, he is not a superman when it comes to political adroitness.  When the conversation on the campaign trail moved across the sea and into the ambit of foreign policy, he stumbled badly albeit briefly.  I know, because I followed him, that he recovered his balance quite quickly, but it wasn't quite quick enough in this cycle of seven very strong candidates, all bunched closely at the top behind a behemoth of a candidate in the person of Donald Trump.  Dr. Carson went to the Middle East and met directly with Syrian Refugees across the border in Jordan.  He learned from them and proposed a cogent, dynamic solution to the vexing problem of the so-called refugees.  His solution, which he believes - probably correctly - that the refugees also favor, is to establish protected zones within Syria for refugees to settle in for the duration of the civil war. Nations from around the world would provide troops and armaments to protect the zone, and food and medicine to care for the refugees.  Unfortunately for Dr. Carson, and maybe for us, is that by the time he made his proposal, no one was paying attention to him anymore.  He was branded as being unprepared for the presidency in the field of foreign affairs, and hence, passed over by those perceived as 'in the know' politically.  He has faught bravely and with determination to overcome the slight, but it looks as if he will not be able to do it.  He is still placed in the top four or five candidates, but he has fallen behind the band of candidates at the very tip top - Trump, Crews, Rubio - with the Iowa Caucuses, New Hampshire Primary and South Carolina Primary now looming only days away.

If, on the eve of these primaries, that perception holds, then I will cast my vote for one of the top three and not Dr. Carson.  

Some of you might be saying, wait one minute, you are a Democrat.  Why aren't you supporting a Democrat.  If you are saying that you are only paying slight attention.  I am a Democrat.  I am not a Leftist.  I am definetly not an uber Leftist like Obama, Clinton and even O'Malley.  And Bernie Sanders is even left of them.  He's a large 'C' Communist.  It was reported the other day that he took his wife to Moscow on ther honeymoon.  He is a Communist.

I am torn between the three in the top tier.  Any of them would be a dramatic improvement over Obama: you would have to be an absolute imbecile not to see that.  And in many ways, Hillary Clinton is worse than Obama.

Trump will not be pushed around by any of the Islamics.  He will not be pushed around by the Red Chinese.  He will not be pushed around by Putin.  Trump will rebuild the economy and re-establish basic Capitalism in these United States. He will rebuild the military, but this isn't his strongest point and both Rubio and Crews are more dedicated to the premise of reviving the military than is Trump.  Trump is also the strongest on immigration.  I worry about him in the areas fidelity to the Constitution and facing down the uber left in other core areas.  The reason I worry about this is because Trump is not an inate 

Crews is the most decent of the three.  He is a devout Christian.  He is a devout Constitutionalist.  He is very smart.  If he appoints someone of Trump's ilk to be Secretary of State and someone of Rubio's ilke to be Secretary of Defense, it could be A new and wonderful day in America again. If he doesn't, I worry he will be bogged down by the politically correct crowd here in these United States.

Rubio is the strongest on foreign policy and national defense.  He is the weakest (of the three in the top tier) on immigration.  I worry about him on Constitutional principles.  I worry about him on crime and political correctness.  I worry that Rubio is too concerned about political correctness and because of this, he is susceptible to being beaten down by the uber left.  This is what caused him to stumble into the imbroglio that was the 'Gang of Eight' a couple of years back 

So, really, I have to choose between Trump and Crews.  I think the two of them complement each other in so many ways.  I think the best choice is for Trump to be the President and Crews the Vice-President.  We saw the perfect combination of talents in the duo of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.  The question is whether Trump would listen to Crews when he should, and ignore him when he must.

I guess what I'm saying is that I am going to vote for Trump and hope to God that he picks Crews to run with him.  If Trump is going to pick someone like Obama did; i.e., someone who won't be able to stand up to him, I'd be more comfortable with Crews.  I'd quit the country before I'd vote for any of the three on the Democratic side.  I wonder if I'm the only Democrat who feels like this.  I doubt it.  But how many of us are there?  I've been a Democrat, a liberal Democrat, all of my life, and yet I know in my heart that all seven people on the stage at the GOP debate are far superior to the three radicals on the stage when the Democrats debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment